An irresistible and colorful carrot-peas poriyal can be taken as a salad or as a side for rice. Nowadays kids are spending most of their time with mobile phones and other devices, so it is required to take foods that are rich sources of Vitamin A to protect their eyes. We can prepare carrot peas poriyal often not only for children but also for adults to improve the eyesight. Carrots & peas compliment each other in all respects whether their colour, texture, taste or nutrients, carrot’s beta carotene, peas’ protein and fiber in both make this a nutrient-rich poriyal.
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serves : 2
- Carrot (large) – 1 No.
- Peas – 7 pods
- Onion – 1 No.
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Green chilli – 1 No.
- Coconut meat – 10 pieces (each half inch)
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Wash & chop carrot into small cubes.
- Chop onion finely.
- Add fresh peas & carrot cubes into a bowl.
- Pour a tbsp of water and microwave for 4 min.
- Grind coconut & chilli coarsely without adding water.
- Heat a pan with oil, add cumin seeds, curry leaves & onions and saute for a min in medium flame.
- Add cooked carrot & peas and saute for 30 sec.
- Add salt followed by ground coconut.
- Mix them well and remove from heat.
- Carrot-peas poriyal is ready to serve.
- We can use shallots instead of onion.
- We can cook the vegetables by steaming or boiling.