I have been planning to bake a mango cake in this summer, but I could not keep a few separately for baking as they were usually devoured in a couple of days. Now my mother sent me the last batch of organic mangoes that were plucked from the trees grown in her backyard when the fruit bearing season of mango is almost nearing an end.
Now I have baked mango cake with 2 ripe mangoes and left the remaining for my family to relish them to our hearts’ content at the end of this mango season.
I have also baked a batch of mango cupcakes for my son as he likes to have them frosted with mango cream. Now let’s look in the recipe for eggless mango cake.
Eggless mango cake recipe:
- Whole wheat flour – 1½ cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
- Golden caster sugar – ¾ cup
- Mango puree – 1½ cup (I used 2 mangoes)
- Neutral oil – ½ cup
- Golden caster sugar – 1 cup
- Unsalted butter at room temperature – ½ cup
- Mango puree – ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract – ½ tsp
A) Mixing dry ingredients:
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt & cardamom and keep it aside.
B) Preparing batter:
- Mix caster sugar with mango puree using whisker until dissolved.
- Add neutral oil & flour and fold them in.
- This cake batter can be used for making cup cakes also.
First I have baked six cupcakes followed by another cake with rest of the batter as shown below:
- Preheat the oven at 180 deg C
- Spoon the batter into muffin liners lined up in a muffin tray.
- I do not want to smooth down the top as my son likes to have thick crusts on top.
- Bake them at 180 deg C for 25 min.
- Grease a 5″ cake dish and pour the remaining batter into it.
- Bake at 180 deg C for 40 min..
- Cream together butter & sugar until frothy (about 1 min) using electric beater.
- Add mango puree & vanilla extract and whisk together for a minute.
- Frost the cupcakes when they have cooled down.
We can serve eggless mango cake to the calorie conscious persons without frosting. You may also check out my other eggless baking recipes here.