Poondu Milagai Podi
Yields: 1 cup (200 ml)
|Black gram (ulundham paruppu)||1/2 cup (approx. 50 g)|
|Coriander seeds (dhaniya)*||1 tbsp|
|Asafoetida block||a small piece|
|Garlic (roughly chopped)||2 bulbs|
|Sesame oil||1 tbsp|
* Adding little coriander seeds enhance the flavor of this podi.
How to prepare poondu milagai podi:
- Heat a pan with 1/2 tsp of oil in medium flame.
- Roast red chillies, black gram & coriander seeds as shown below.
- Then pour the remaining oil into the pan and fry the asafoetida block & chopped garlic for 2-3 min.
- Blitz all the ingredients into a coarse powder as below.
- Store in an airtight container.