Mango pachadi is a sweet, sour & spicy jam prepared to welcome the Tamil New Year. It is a delicious side dish for rice and goes well with any kuzhambu or rasam. Also we serve this dish with the traditional ulutham paruppu sadam or black gram rice.
Health benefits of mangoes:
Mangoes contain dietary fiber, vitamin A & vitamin C; they also contain antioxidants that fight against free radicals. Now you can enjoy this healthy jam as much as possible in this summer!
We prepare this pachadi with semi-ripened mangoes and the recipe is as below:
Time Taken: 20 min
- Semi ripe mangoes – 2 Nos.
- Powdered jaggery – 1 cup (200 g)
- Green chillies – 2 Nos
- Ginger – 2 Nos (1 inch piece)
- Cardamom – 1 No.
- Peel mangoes & chop their flesh roughly (of both large and small pieces).
- Grind green chillies, ginger & cardamom into a paste adding little water.
- Put mangoes in a cooking pan, pour water till they are immersed and cook in medium flame.
- Add ground paste and cook till mangoes become soft.
- Mash small mango pieces and leave large pieces as they are.
- Add powdered jaggery and stir well until dissolved.
- Bring to a final boil in low flame.
- Mango pachadi is ready to serve.
- I have used mangoes that are sweet & sour, if your mangoes are sour increase jaggery accordingly.
- Do not leave any ingredient for best results.
- You may do tempering with mustards & red chillies.
- If you don’t want to see whole pieces of mango, chop mangoes finely & mash them when cooked.
- Mango pachadi can be prepared easily in microwave oven also within 10 min.
- It tastes heavenly when a scoop of vanilla ice cream is glazed with this scrumptious mango jam.
13 comments on “Mango pachadi”Add yours →
Comments are closed. You can not add new comments.
I have had about every kind of jam there is but never mango! Looks great!
Thanks a lot ! 🙂
I already know I would like it!
Thanks so much, Christy !
It looks delicious ..I love Mango Jam.
Thank you, and thanks a lot for all your likes ! 🙂
We have coconut jam in Malaysia!
It’s called kaya. You should try this recipe too.
Sure, love to try it, let me see!
Thanks for stopping by!
Yummy… Will try it sometime
Fantastic! ? Your ingredients are so intriguing. Thank you for sharing your great recipe. I am really looking forward to making your mango jam! ?
Thanks. Hope you get a chance to try this!