Ever since I realized the weight loss properties of musk melons I started including them in my diet as much as possible during the entire summer. Generally musk melons are used to prepare refreshing juice or milkshake by adding milk & sugar (or condensed milk) but people, who are calorie conscious, would prefer to make guilt-free salad using musk melon to enjoy its health benefits completely.
Now lets make melon ball fruit salad that satiates one’s hunger:
Fruits: I have chosen the fruits musk melon, water melon & papaya, that aid in weight loss and make one feels filling. I have also added few grapes for adding color to this colorful fruit salad.
- Water melon (tharpoosani)
- Musk melon (kirni pazham)
- Papaya (pappali)
- One or two drops of lemon juice (adequate for the quantity of fruit salad shown here)
- Finely chopped mint leaves
- Scoop out fruits using a measuring spoon as shown below.
- Combine all the fruits together in a mixing bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk honey & lemon juice together and add chopped mint leaves.
- Pour over the fruit balls to coat them.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Tips & tweaks:
- You may also use any fleshy fruit like mango, passion fruit, etc. to make such balls.
- You may take this salad even without any dressing, instead you can sprinkle a pinch of pepper/ cumin powder or chaat masala.
- The dressing I used in here masks the raw smell of melons & papaya, however it does not overpower the sweetness of fruits.