Mushroom Pepper Fry is a healthy dish that can be prepared quickly & easily. Mushrooms are the only vegetables that are rich sources of protein. So vegetarians or vegans can include mushrooms in their diet for their protein requirements.
Mushroom pepper fry can be served with rice or roti, or it can be stuffed inside dosa or sandwiches. It goes well with rice and sambar, rasam, or particularly with morkuzhambu. The recipe for mushroom pepper fry is as below:
Cooking Time: 10 min
Serves : 2
- Mushrooms (kaalaan)- 200 g
- Coconut oil – 1 tsp
- Onion (periya vengayam) – 1 No
- Curry leaves (karivepilai) – 1 sprig
- Freshly crushed peppercorns (poditha milagu) – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Wash mushrooms under running water.
- Chop mushrooms & onion and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add curry leaves & onions and saute till onions turn translucent.
- Add chopped mushrooms and saute till the water is evaporated.
- Add salt, crushed pepper and mix them well.
- Now mushroom pepper fry is ready to serve.
- We need to wash mushrooms under running water; if we wash them in a bowl of water they will absorb water like a sponge.
- It is safe to use fresh mushrooms as much as possible.