It is hard to find an Indian who does not enjoy the soft chewy cottage cheese (paneer), so we like to add paneer into many dishes that we prepare often like curries or pulao (rice). Paneer matar masala is one of the most popular curries prepared in almost every Indian household, and it is usually served with chapathi, roti or pulao.
Now I have prepared a simple paneer masala which is as delicious as the ones served in restaurants.
Paneer masala recipe:
Cooking Time: 20 min
Serves : 4
- Cottage Cheese (paneer)- 100 g
- Fresh Peas (pachai pattani) – 50 g
- Onions (vengayam) – 3 Nos
- Tomatoes (thakkali) – 2 Nos
- Red chillies (milagai vatral) – 5 Nos
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder (manjal thool) – 1/2 tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Chop cottage cheese bar into small cubes.
- Chop onions & tomatoes finely.
- Heat a pan with 1 tsp oil, fry red chillies & remove them from pan.
- Add chopped onions & saute till translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes & saute till they become mushy.
- Bring them to room temperature.
- In a mixer-grinder jar, first add redchillies & grind into a coarse powder.
- Then add sauteed onion & tomato, grind into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Microwave peas for 5 min (or steam them till they become soft) and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with 1 tbsp oil.
- Stir fry cottage cheese cubes in medium flame until golden brown.
- Add cooked peas and turmeric powder and saute for 5 sec.
- Add onion-tomato paste, salt & garam masala and saute till they release nice aroma.
- Add enough water to get required consistency and bring them to a boil.
- Serve this delicious cottage cheese-peas masala with soft rotis.