Peas pulao is a simple but delicious and aromatic rice dish. It is so captivating to see the rice dish dotted with green peas, and hence it can be served to the guests at the family gatherings.
Peas pulao can be served with any spicy vegetable gravy or dal and may also be packed for children’s lunch.
Peas Pulao recipe:
I have made peas pulao aromatic by adding green cardamom, red chillies along with cumin seeds. Now lets look into the recipe below:
Time taken : 15 min
Serves : 2
- Basmati rice – ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh peas – ¼ cup
- Ghee or any neutral oil – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Cardamom – 1 No.
- Red chilli – 2 Nos.
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- Wash rice and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil (or ghee) and add cumin, cardamom & red chilli.
- Add washed rice and saute for 30 sec.
- Add fresh peas, water & salt and bring it to a boil.
- Close the pan and simmer until rice is cooked soft (approx 10 min).
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves before serving.
- Red chillies are added only for its aroma not for its heat, so it is not required to break them while frying.
- I find the flavour of red chillies satisfying, but if you want you can sprinkle some white pepper powder.